Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16, 2012


         Today was another great day. It was a little stressful but awesome in the morning because it was just me in the classroom. Our sub had to go down to the 3rd grade hallway to help with the MEAP testing that has been going on for the past two weeks. A parent also had asked me if we would need any extra hands without Mrs. Irvin this week, so I invited her in for the morning to help me with our art center. I am starting to realize that being a teacher for twenty five kids really should be a two-person job! Two of our students, out of four, that we chart their behavior got all greens today! Which means prizes and happy notes sent home. Both of the students were so excited about their “green day” that they skipped down the hallway holding hands. It was great to see them cheering each other on, especially because these two normally do not get along. Just like yesterday, today I ran all of the lessons and taught the class the whole entire day. I do miss Mrs. Irvin, but I have been enjoying all of this teaching time and experience.
         My highlight of the day today was watching all of my students interact with each other. Not saying that we didn’t have any crying or tattling, because I don’t think it would be a kindergarten classroom if we didn’t. But I am saying that for 95% of the day all of my students had smiles on their faces and were excited about their learning. Now that is a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment