Wahoo,
it’s hump day! Today went very fast and I was very busy all day. When I wasn’t
with the students I was running around making copies and running errands to get
things done for the second half of the day. Mrs. Irvin stayed in the classroom
until 8:30 last night running all of the worksheets and dittos that we need for
the next two weeks. It was awesome to walk into class this morning and have the
room set up and being prepared for the next two weeks. It relieved a little bit
of my stress, since I am usually accountable for those responsibilities. I have
learned some amazing organizational skills from Mrs. Irvin that I definitely
plan to incorporate into my future classroom. Today was yoga day - and if you
couldn’t tell I needed it! I am just a little stressed and could use a good day
or two to hibernate. However, I am looking forward to teaching my “first
planned lesson” for our kiddos tomorrow! It will be fun and I know our students
will enjoy it because there is candy involved, and who doesn’t love candy
during the school day!
My highlight of the day today
was when one of our students, a girl, during calendar time in the morning asked
me why I was wearing my pajamas. I responded by asking her what she meant by my
pajamas. She answered by pointing to my pink dress pants (pastel pink) and said
they were pajamas. I asked her why and she said because they are pink. This
little girl happened to be wearing pink leggings so I asked her why she could
ware pink pants but I could not. She said I couldn’t wear pink pants because I
am a teacher. So, I think I am going to be incorporating some fun colorful
(professional) outfits in the future. Just to prove to my students that
teachers can wear fun colors too!
No comments:
Post a Comment