Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012

         Today was a very productive day. I went into school around 7:30 this morning to put together our October bulletin board and get everything ready for the week. Mrs. Irvin allowed me to teach almost every lesson today. It was great! I put to test a couple classroom management techniques in order to keep our students focused and the attention on me throughout the lessons. The students especially enjoyed getting into some Halloween stories and activities. We kicked off the month of October, today, by creating pumpkin men. The students loved this activity and they all put a lot of effort into creating their pumpkins.
         My highlight of the day today was when I went out side to pick up our kids from recess. A little boy from another kindergarten class ran up to me and asked me if he could give me a hug. I of course gave him a hug and walked him back to his class’s line. As we were walking another boy from a different kindergarten class came up to me. He asked me if I was a teacher, where I was from, if I really was a teacher, and lastly if I could be his teacher. I have come to the conclusion that kindergartners love teachers who wear bright colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment