This
week has been crazy. I noticed that as my student teaching continues to
progress I have been more and more stressed – which results in less blogs! I
need to work on this. Yesterday we had parent conferences until 8:30 and
tomorrow we do too! So I have been very tired at the end of the day. I have
learned a lot about prepping and conducting conferences from Mrs. Irvin. I was
very thrilled yesterday when the parents directed questions to me and held
meaningful conversations with me. From the sound of it, these parents really
consider me their child’s teacher! It is an awesome feeling and I really enjoyed
contributing. I have been really stressed lately with everything coming up.
This week we have a student teacher meeting where we have several things due.
Next week is Halloween and we have a lot going on in our classroom that we our
not very prepared for. Also, I dedicated this weekend to get ahead in my internship
class and plan for November (since
I will be teaching the whole month). I would like to get as much as I can done
sooner rather than being stressed every week I teach. I want to enjoy the
experience as much as possible and avoid as much stress as I possibly can!
My highlight of the day
today was when one of our students befriended his bully. Instead of screaming
and fighting with each other today one of our students decided to reverse the
negative attitude and return a positive attitude when he was bullied. He ended
up befriending the other student and they spent the whole day acting as though
they had been best friends for weeks! I love seeing our students making
positive behavior choices.
No comments:
Post a Comment