Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Octoboer 2, 2012


         Today was a little hectic. We started the morning off with calendar time, and within the first five minutes we were interrupted to go down to get our pictures taken. All of our students were very hype about getting their picture taken and I would say we lost their full attention right there, for the rest of the day. After we came back from getting our pictures taken we went right back into our morning routine and then into centers. I introduced three new centers to our students, all of them relating to our “C” week (the letter Cc). I was very impressed because although our students were very energetic and wound up from breaking their usual morning routine with picture day, all of the students were very productive. Today I had a short day in the classroom because we had an intern seminar with our university coordinators. We spent the afternoon discussing and learning about classroom management. I thought the class was very informative and I learned a lot that I plan on incorporating into our classroom.
          My highlight of the day today was when I was working with on of our students at his desk during center time. I knelt down next to him, so I could be at his level. He was looking at me very intently, and not at his paper, so I asked him what he was looking at. He answered by saying, “your eyes”. I responded quickly by telling him that he should be looking at his paper. He didn’t look at his paper, and continued by telling me that my eyes were "very blue". Coming from a student who didn’t know his colors coming into kindergarten a few weeks ago, I took this little moment as a moment to recognize his progress – rather than acknowledging his admiration for my eyes! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment