Today,
being Monday, I anticipated it to be a slow moving day. But the chocolate mini
snickers that I bought at 7am before school really helped get me through the
day. We had two behavioral specialists come into our room today to monitor a
few of our student’s behavior. I spent a small amount of time talking with them
and discussing the behaviors that I have seen from one of the students in our
classroom. In the next few weeks I believe we are going to have a behavioral
plan ready and set into action for our student. Hopefully this will help him
get on track and stay focused during the school day. I am looking forward to seeing
how behavioral specialist work in the classroom and learning from them through
this teaching experience.
My highlight of the day
today was when I pulled my “buddy” aside to talk to him about a specific
behavior.
After listening to what I had to say to him and with out being asked he walked himself out into the hallway. I thought for sure he was going to make a run for it, but I ran out to find him sitting at my designated time out (talk it out) spot. He had put himself in “time out”.
After listening to what I had to say to him and with out being asked he walked himself out into the hallway. I thought for sure he was going to make a run for it, but I ran out to find him sitting at my designated time out (talk it out) spot. He had put himself in “time out”.

No comments:
Post a Comment