Today
was a very long and exhausting day (13 hours to be exact)! Our main focus today
was on two color patterns. After our morning routine we worked on a two-color
apple pattern and as the students finished they were able to have free time.
Once everyone finished their apple patterns we had students work on an Aa printing
page in their ABC book. Later in the day, after lunch, students worked on
another two-color pattern activity. They had to create two different two-color
patterns with fruit loops.
Then after they colored their worksheet based on
what they had laid out, they were able to eat their fruit loops. Our students
loved this – and what a great incentive to keep them on task! Tonight was also
curriculum night at Lanigan, as for why I had such a long day. I learned so
much watching Mrs. Irvin interacting with the parents and running curriculum
night in our class. One thing that is going to be very helpful in the future
when I have my own classroom is Mrs. Irvin has been letting me take master
copies of all of the worksheets we run off for our room. This way I wont be
starting with nothing my first year, that is if I teach kindergarten!
My highlight of the day
today was interacting with the parents of our students. I spent a good amount
of time talking with a few of the parents when curriculum night came to an end.
I was ecstatic when they came to talk to me about their child in the class and
really felt like they looked at me as their child’s teacher. It was awesome!
Another highlight was
going out to dinner with a few of my colleagues, including our principle, in
between school and curriculum night. It was great to get on a personal level
and get to know our school principle outside of the school setting. One thing
that has blown my mind away from this experience, so far, is how incredible the
staff is at Lanigan. They have been so helpful and supportive throughout this
whole experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment