Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 2012

         Today was a great day! When I went in I immediately went to work on updating our bulletin board in the hallway. This week is themed around the letter Aa that stands for Apple. We started centers yesterday and continued them today. The main centers involve students working on practicing the letter Aa and writing the number 3. When the students are done working at the centers that involve the letter/number practice they can choose to pick a book to read or build a puzzle. The centers are a little chaotic but overall I can see them gradually understanding what we expect of them, just in the past two days. I am so excited about the progress we have been making with my “special friend”. With the use of four different behavior strategies and some dinosaur stickers we are starting to see some progress with his behavior.
         My highlight of the day today was seeing the progress we have made with one of our students. It feels really good to see that all of the work you are putting into one child is making a difference in their life. Later in the day this same child’s mom came to pick him up early from the classroom. As she was leaving she told me that all she ever hears about at home is “Miss Pakowski (Switalski)”. She told me how much her son admires me. All I have to say is, tough love really does pay off! It was such an awesome ending to a great day with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment