Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012

         Today we started our day off with some good ol’ professional development at 8am. Once our students arrived I started our daily morning routine (attendance and calendar time). We have been slowly taking out free time, which I think has been very beneficial. Before this week we were up to three to four free times a day. Usually after we have free time our students are more rowdy and the activity or lesson that follows is always very chaotic. Our students haven’t seemed to notice that we have been taking it out, so I think we should continue only having one to two small free times a day. Save all that energy for recess!
         My highlight of the day today was participating in yoga after school with a few of my colleagues. I have never done yoga before and I really enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant signing up because I am not very flexible, but Mrs. Irvin promised it was for beginners and it wouldn’t be difficult for me. I will probably be very sore tomorrow so we will see how long this “highlight” will last. I am excited to get to know some of the women better that I am working with outside of the school setting. Wednesdays from here on out are yoga days.

No comments:

Post a Comment